As the leaves turn and fall is upon us, the market typically slows down. I want to remind you this is a choice! As everyone follows the crowd, you can differentiate yourself. If you do more lead acquisition activities, you won’t miss a beat. People are still listing their homes, buying houses and refinancing. We cannot dispute the cyclical nature of our business, but we also must ask ourselves, “Was I operating at 100% when my business was thriving?” It is likely you were working on business you already had, not on creating new business.
I urge you to make a shift immediately. Commit to trying new things to generate new opportunities. Create a weekly schedule that is non-negotiable and do it even when you don’t feel like it.
Here are some ideas to help you:
- Make ten connections a day. Can be your database, sphere, or people you have met. Center your script around asking for help. Admit it’s not easy for you, but remind them you would love two referrals a year and why. See how you can also help them.
- Host a holiday gathering for your top connections. Have goody bags filled with value added items.
- Visit past clients at work and ensure they have cards there. Bring treats for them to share with coworkers.
- Door knock your target area with an invite to a market update webinar. Obtain info so you can send them the recording invite all your database, sphere and referral contacts. This will require preparation, but will be worth it. You can also promote on social media.
- Host a wealth building seminar and educate people on buying an investment property. With the duration of time someone is expected to be in their home, increasing this is a must to keep engaged.
If you really put your creative hat on, you could probably come up with 100 ideas. The goal now is to isolate it down to three or five and master the activity. Make it a habit or tradition and measure the results. This not only will help you grow your business, but give you peace of mind as well.